Gypsy Woman (floral landscape)

Gypsy Woman (floral landscape)
29 x 47 in. Oil on Plywood

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Wind or a weather vane?

Expressions from the depth your soul all come bounding forth! What allows some folks the strength to openly share their art while others live crippled by fear and apprehension. As one that has no problem "puttin' it out there" I find great exhilaration and joy in living as an exhibitionist. There is even a drive, a passion, as if my life depended upon it, like needing my next breath! I believe that drive is a gift by design. Not that it makes me better or more important than those who are not so driven but more that I need to be responsible in utilizing my gifts. Art for me, among other things, is a form of communication. I want my artistic voice to be heard! mmm but to Listen or View the work of another, that too is a gift. So we all play our part. We interact in a continual learning environment. Honesty seems an important key element in this process. By this I mean an inner honesty to know who you are and a desire to continually learn who you are becoming. Just as a canvas with a few marks on it evolves into our vision we too need to evolve as human works of art. I have a series called The Wind series. Long story short, it's all about me deciding to be The Wind and not the weather vane! So what is it that moves you? Are you moved by fear or by a Powerful, Indescribable, Positive Force?

No comments:

Post a Comment